Thursday, December 4, 2008

Something Red 2008 Reception

The artist reception and awards ceremony took place last night....the First Wednesday of December. My work is displayed at Dave Wilson Goldsmith (along with about 6 or so other artist's work). The shop features the most incredible old brick wall that certainly makes the artwork pop against it.

The reception was enjoyable -- several people were most enthusiastic and it was good to be back out showing my work again. I'd forgotten how much fun these sort of things can be and it was good to discuss various mediums with the other artists.

I did manage to get out to see a few other pieces of work -- walked down to the Umpqua Bank where Bobby Aster's wood sculpture is on display and while there, met Michael Cushing. I found his work quite intriguing.

You can see it here: http://www.standingwaveart.com/home.html

And then.....time to hie off to the award ceremony. No one was more surprised than I to be named 2nd place in Mixed Media for "Goodbye Houston". Small things can be so very satisfying. All in all, a very enjoyable evening.

And here's the link to my January 08 post regarding the creation of "Goodbye Houston":

http://artshaman.blogspot.com/2008/01/goodbye-houston.html

No comments:

Post a Comment