Sunday, April 28, 2019

Scenes from Roswell, New Mexico.......


Welcome sign on the East side of town.
Display outside a motel in Roswell.....common theme.
The International UFO Museum in downtown Roswell.
                                                                             
The next photos are the interior of the museum.
                                                             



There were several small dioramas constructed by a GW Dodson - no relation that I am aware of.
                                     
Scene from "The Day The Earth Stood Still"
                                         

Had an opportunity recently to take an 11-day road trip to Texas and back.  Wish the reason had been more enjoyable, but on the way back, decided to hit a few places I'd only read about or seen on television.  One such place is Roswell, New Mexico -- part of the American Myth.   It is the 8th largest city in New Mexico and quite the place to see.  There is also a Robert Goddard museum which I did not get to see -- so perhaps another trip in the future!

4 comments:

  1. In spite of the fact that I live in NM, I've never been there... but it looks like fun. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd ever actually make it to Roswell -- but when conditions conspire, one must salvage what they can. I'm glad I visited. It was fun..it was intriguing...it was a visit to part of the American Mythology.

      Delete
  2. Dude!
    How much time did you spend in New Mexico? Did you see anything besides Martian Madness? I must remember to ask you this question later.
    I am goingi n September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we spent mhm...maybe 30 hours total in NM. Drove in from Texas to Roswell....then across the state (past White Sands). Saw a lot of stuff, saw a lot of nothing. There's FAR more to see, but that's for another visit.

      Delete