I only wish there were abandoned factories, but the few we had were torn down and refurbished as urban renewal projects. These shots were all taken in the space of 15 minutes in the downtown area. I love industrial things, so that's what I look for.
Well, I did a quick search and most abandoned factories in Oregon are off limits but, here's one although it might be way out of your way and not the sort we have in mind: https://travelingthepnw.com/2017/08/07/abandoned-lime-cement-plant/
BTW, I love the name Graphite City. Sounds like a a great name for a graphic novel.
This abandoned cement plant is about 400 miles away, BUT I have driven past it several times and it's stuck in my brain. I've always thought it was intriguing, but haven't stopped. There's a new cement facility across the highway that looks almost futuristic.
Graphite is the name of the "picture control" parameters on my Nikon Zfc, hence the title.
These seem almost industrial... reminding me again of the east coast. Are there any abandoned factories around? You'd have a field day! :-)
ReplyDeleteI only wish there were abandoned factories, but the few we had were torn down and refurbished as urban renewal projects. These shots were all taken in the space of 15 minutes in the downtown area. I love industrial things, so that's what I look for.
DeleteWell, I did a quick search and most abandoned factories in Oregon are off limits but, here's one although it might be way out of your way and not the sort we have in mind:
Deletehttps://travelingthepnw.com/2017/08/07/abandoned-lime-cement-plant/
BTW, I love the name Graphite City. Sounds like a a great name for a graphic novel.
This abandoned cement plant is about 400 miles away, BUT I have driven past it several times and it's stuck in my brain. I've always thought it was intriguing, but haven't stopped. There's a new cement facility across the highway that looks almost futuristic.
DeleteGraphite is the name of the "picture control" parameters on my Nikon Zfc, hence the title.
400 miles away?! Oh well. Shows you how little I know about Oregon.
DeleteYes, but Graphite City is your own! :-)
But still a great suggestion! I hope to get over to La Grande in September and the cement factory is about 100 miles south of there....so who knows?
Delete